15 September 2010

Machete (2010)

Not quite bad enough to be truly awesome yet not anywhere near good enough to be likable.

Definitely not worth seeing in theaters but maybe (maybe maybe) worth renting, eventually, if you have nothing else you’d like to watch.

Good for a few chuckles and a handful of cringes. Overall: fair.

--

Note to people who read this blog regularly: the one year (!!!!!) anniversary of "A Phantasmagoria of Complaints" is coming up and I’d like to know if anyone would like to see anything specific appear here on the blog. A review of a particular movie, a new top (or bottom) ten list, etc, whatever your hearts desire. If I don’t hear anything I’ll probably just end up baking myself something fancy to celebrate and then posting a photo and everyone will be jealous so you should probably just suggest something fun, ok? OK.

3 comments:

  1. Machete was fantastic! I went into it expecting it to be bad and that's what we got. However, that's what made the movie so appealing to me. The mix of cheesy Bollywood action sequences ,ridiculous dumb one liners (i.e. "Machete don't text"), and random acts of violence makes this movie worth watching for a good laugh. I do agree its not worth it to watch it in the theaters but rather with a bunch of friends pounding some brews. :-)

    PS I want to see a top 10! + baked goods! + sexy pictures of food in mouth!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nothing wrong with baking a cake and posting comments, congrats on the upcoming milestone!
    In honor of an anniversary (or "one year later")theme, I propose to do a list of 5 good movies that skip forward in time. I say "good" and not "top", because I think that would be just way too difficult.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Chris: Way to sound like a frat boy, your favorite type of person! ;) Also: a top 10 of what?

    @Alla: Awesome. Time to start wracking my brain. :)

    ReplyDelete